Saturday, July 2, 2011

Camtasia v. Jing

Camtasia and Jing had there pro's and con's but as far as use goes I would have to say that Jing is probably the most user friendly for a person who has no video editing skills, such as myself.  I see Jing being used more with educators due to the ease of the program.  The one downfall would be the time limit associated with Jing.  Jing only allows you to create videos 5 minutes in length.  I guess you could ultimately make several 5 minutes videos to cover a lengthier  topics. I look forward to using Jing for videos in my classroom.  Camtasia  on the other hand has a lot more to offer in the realm of editing plus additional features that allow you to add in callouts and transitions but the amount of time put into the video is much greater. I like the fact that there is no time limit. At least I did not run into a time limit.  One negative would be the complexity of the program and the fact that you only get a 30 day free trail.  However the tutorials on Camtasia were extremely useful.  All in all both programs were good to use and I enjoyed playing around with the editing features. 

Below is the video produced using Camtasia. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Great points on Camtasia... Prezi looks like a nice online slideshow program. I am a big fan of free... Oh, and you still use Hotmail?? LOL! JK, JK... It's been a great summer semester, thanks for your input on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, very nice show! Prezi sounds very useful and your screencast gave a great overview and all of its functions. I will be checking this out for my uses. I also liked your use of features, such as your large cursors and your zoom feature looked very nice.

    ReplyDelete