I did my Jing project over Prezi. Prior to this assignment I had never utilized the presentation tool that Prezi offers. I found Prezi fun to play around with and even enjoyed watching all the tutorials available. Plus in the explore tab there are several awesome presentations to watch. I felt that the only negative that Prezi had would be the cost factor even though it's really not to expensive and they do offer a 30 day free trial to make sure you are going to enjoy using the program before purchasing. However Prezi has a lot to offer a classroom. Powerpoint presentations would never look the same again. Plus I think students, especially secondary students would have fun creating Prezi presentation.
Although I choose to do my Jing project of Prezi I did enjoy looking at some other Web 2.0 Educational Apps. HootCourse is an online discussion board that taps into popular social networking sites such as Facebook, twitter, etc., and allows you to create a "live" discussion through individual updates. It even has the capability to stream "live" through a overhead. Zoho is similar to Google Docs in that you are able to create, edit and share word documents, power points, projects and create meetings. Empressr similar to Prezi in that they are both applications to create presentations however Empressr seems similar to PowerPoint with the capable of embedding the presentation. I choose to do Prezi simply for the fact that it was a different way of presenting information.
Prezi is a nice application. I have seen others use it at conferences and in classes although I have never tried it. Empressr I used for my assignment and liked it. It was fairly quick and easy to use. I will have to look at Hootcourse as I have never heard of that one. Good job on the prezi tutorial. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteGreat videos! Enjoyed the Camtasia ans this Jing one. Great choice on the application too!!
ReplyDelete