Objectives
Photo story Objective- I can see my self using this particular video with a student that has a mild visual impairment. I could either upload the video to his hand held device and he could listen with his headphones and have a clearer, larger picture to look at or I could play the video on the screen for the entire class. The story was take from the PCI program level 1. I use the program in my Communication Arts class and each student is required to master a level before moving on to the next. Mastering the level consist of having the story read aloud to you, answering comprehension questions as well as reading the story to another person. However in the case of the student with the visual impairment a modification would be made therefore only requiring the student to listen to the story and recall information.
Animoto Objective- This could be used as a review tool once the students have mastered the level (book) they could watch the Animoto video and help prepare themselves for the comprehension questions that follow. However I would not be able to add voice over to the video therefore may not be as beneficial for my student with a visual impairment. We could still upload the video to his personal hand held device to allow him a better picture and large text.
Book:
(2007). Time To Go. San Antonio, Texas: PCI Educational Publishing.
Great post! This would be a helpful video to share with students in my class who are struggling readers. I do books on tape for them often and having the video as well would help enhance their learning! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYour idea for using this to aide a special needs child is a good one. You did a great job with the animoto video.
ReplyDeleteYou had a great idea for giving special needs students an almost identical assignment as the rest of the class. The hardest part of my job is coming up with assignments for special needs students that can't do the same assignment as the rest of the class. They know that they get an easier assignment and I think that it kind of bothes them because they just want to do the same thing as everybody else. You did a good job at this.
ReplyDeleteI agree, great idea for using PS3 for visually impaired students. The Animoto will definitely not work!! It'll be great for early readers too or for students to practice their reading/spelling. Great job, very clear voice you have too!
ReplyDelete